Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weston Gardens

Yesterday was the much anticipated trip to Weston Gardens in Fort Worth. It was incredible. I could go on and on about how groovy this Garden center and demonstration garden is. Let me just say that this place was very "secret garden" and, dare I say, sacred. Trees, shrubs, flowers, stones and sculptures were in abundance here. The picture above does a pretty good job of portraying the "secret garden" feel I was talking about. I'm not sure if it gets any better than the water lillies below.
I took a ton of pictures and I still missed so much. I certainly don't think it would be wise of me to post over 60 pictures so I will just focus on a couple more. After all, I do have three children and they all need clean clothes.

Many of the picture I took were of individual flowers and the tags that identified them. I'll post some in the future perhaps, I won't show those at this time. I'll finish up with two more photos. One of a statue that I just fell in love with and a picture of my Mom.

I included a link to the right that will take you to Weston Gardens website if you are interested in more information. Please feel free to leave comments and happy gardening to all.

Rebecca

1 comment:

Gardenmomma Chris said...

Hi Rebecca!
Thanks for not giving up on me! What a wonderful garden...I didn't even know it existed. Where is it in Ft. Worth? That's a trek, but looks well worth it. How cool to go with your mom. We had friend over to watch the Cowboys today. Well, at least the guys watched the game. My friend and I walked around in my poor, neglected garden. I found several volunteer plants and dug them up for her. Hope you have a great week and I will try hard to post something next week! Chris